HB4143: Mandatory registration for PDMP for all prescribers
- -HB4143, passed in February 2018, makes registration mandatory for all Oregon prescribing health care practitioners by July 1, 2018.
- -Registration is only required for those with active Oregon licenses and DEA registration.
- -Registration is easy and entirely paperless.
- -The new PDMP system is easy and intuitive to use.
How to register for the PDMP:
- -To register, please visit the PDMP website at https://oregon.pmpaware.net and select the ‘Create an Account’ option.
- -In registering for the OR PDMP all registrants must upload a copy of their current and valid government issued photo identification. This can be done using a scanner or by taking a photo of the ID.
- -Each new registrant will be sent an email during the registration process to verify their email address. It is critical that each user promptly opens that email and clicks on the verification link.
Medical and Pharmacy Director access to PDMP:
- Please note that a new law has passed allowing medical directors to access PDMP for your clinicians. This can allow for oversight and coaching regarding controlled substance prescribing. Guidelines below