A healthy pregnancy includes a healthy smile. Now that you are pregnant, you want to take good care of yourself. Including your dental health.
The good news is that a healthy mouth during pregnancy gives your child a good start for a lifetime of healthy teeth. Dental care is safe for both the mom and baby, and dental care is important for healthy pregnancy outcomes. You are covered for many dental services through Oregon Health Plan (OHP).
Tips for oral home care
There are some very simple ways to keep your mouth healthy at home:
- Brush your teeth with a soft brush in the morning and again before bedtime – set reminders if you need to!
- Use a pea-sized amount of fluoridated toothpaste.
- Floss between your teeth at least once a day.
- Drink water between meals and snacks.
- Choose healthy snacks, like veggies, fresh fruit and cheese. If you eat sugary treats and soda, only do so at mealtimes.
- If you vomit, rinse your mouth with a teaspoon of baking soda dissolved in a cup of water to prevent damage to your teeth.
Finding a dental provider
Columbia Pacific CCO members on OHP can easily find a dentist by contacting your dental care organization (DCOs). Columbia Pacific currently partners with four (4) DCOs to provide and coordinate your dental health care.
The DCO that will be administering your dental benefits is listed on the back of your Columbia Pacific Member ID Card. You also can call our customer service at 1-855-722-8206 or text at 503-488-2886 (8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday). We will connect you with your Dental Care Organization (DCO) to arrange your first appointment with a dental provider. For more information, visit http://colpachealth.org/for-members/dental-health-resources.
PLEASE NOTE: Not all DCOs are in every county. Please check your Columbia Pacific CCO ID card for the DCO you’ve been assigned to.