Limitations of health-related services:
The Oregon Administrative Rules restrict health-related services to items not paid for with grant money, funding separate from CCO contract revenue, or normal clinical service billing. In other words, health-related services may be used only if other funding is not available. Before you make a request, please be sure there is no other funding available.
CareOregon is continuing to offer health-related services of many kinds, but in particular we are striving to meet the most immediate member needs:
- Cell phones: With many providers moving to delivery of services via telehealth, we want to ensure that members have access to a phone. We are working with a provider to offer flip phones and simple smart phones to members.
- Hotel rooms: For members who are at higher risk due to underlying health conditions, have been exposed to COVID-19 or are showing signs of the virus, we are attempting to find hotel rooms where members can stay while they await test results or other care that does not meet the criteria for the county’s motel sheltering program.
There are two ways you can submit requests for health-related services for members:
- Use our standard Health-Related Services Flexible Services Funding Request form to make requests for cell phones, hotel rooms or other health-related services for individual members.
- Please remember that requests for health-related services must be directly related to members’ treatment plans and require chart notes to justify the request.
- Bulk items are available to help clinics and providers ensure a constant supply of the most needed items. To order items in bulk — including cell phone minutes, transit passes, sleeping bags, hygiene projects and more — fill out our Bulk Purchase Request form.
- Bulk requests may take up to 14 business days for review and delivery.
- Clinics and county teams may make bulk requests one time per month.
- Requests should be submitted by supervisors or managers.
- Clinics/teams are required to keep a Bulk Request Tracking document and submit it before new orders can be fulfilled.
Download the COVID-19 health-related services resource worksheet: